Wednesday, June 28, 2006

Around the Oval Again...

WEDNESDAY 28/6/06, 5PM, 6K, WEEK TO DATE 42K, 5 HOURS SLEEP, SHOES: ASICS 1100

Still having trouble sleeping. Lay in the bed until after 2pm before sleep came.

I was down in Sydney today and visited Martin Horne while I was there. He was impressed at how swollen my right achilles was and diagnosed tight calf muscles and achilles tendonitis as a result of ramping the miles up a bit too fast. He did his usual acupuncture thing, ran some current through both calves, and injected an anti inflammatory into the right achilles. Plus gave me an anti inflammatory cream to rub into the tendon. Both calves felt really battered after the acupuncture and current.

Like yesterday, I headed over to Mel's work at the end of the day. SW had an easy half hour run for me today, so I ran around an oval near her office for 32 minutes while she also ran. Lower legs felt a little looser than yesterday and I was actually moving reasonably well.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home