Saturday, June 24, 2006

East Met XC, Mutch Park.

FRIDAY 23/6/06, 9PM, 5K, WEEK TO DATE 68.5K, 5 HOURS SLEEP, SHOES: NIKE TRAIL FREE

In Sydney all day. SW had an easy 6K on the schedule which I was hoping to do at uni in the afternoon, but it didn't happen. So, driving home on a wet evening, Mel dropped me at Wentworth Falls and I ran home from there in 28 minutes, via the Highway then Scott Avenue.

Right achilles very sore, extremely tight calf full of knots. Got some excruciating massage on it when I got home.

SATURDAY 24/6/06, 2.30PM, 11K, WEEK TO DATE 79.9K, 10 HOURS SLEEP (!), SHOES: NIKE TRAIL FREE

Slept RIGHT in, then down to Mutch Park Pagewood for the 6K East Met cross country race there. Long drive.

Did a 3K warmup including some strides- right achilles still very sore and I had to baby it during the race. The course was 3 laps of a 2K lap with one bugger of a hill, mostly grass with some sandy stuff added in.

I was telling myself to take it easy through the first lap, but somehow went through in 8.09 which was way too quick for my current shape. From about this point I ran alone for the rest of the race- no one in front of me or following me, which didn't help. Second lap was 16.40 or so, still holding things reasonably, but after that I slowed quite a bit and finished in 26.44, almost 2 minutes slower than my time last year.

However, quite an improvement than on the Sydney Park race two weeks ago, so not everything is bad.

2K warmdown with Vat.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home