Monday, June 19, 2006

Gutsa!

SATURDAY 17/6/06, 9AM, 16K, WEEK TO DATE 69K, 5 HOURS SLEEP, SHOES: ASICS 1100

SW had me down for 60K today; decided to pass on Poor Man's Comrades and do a local run- from home to the Six Foot Track, along the course to the top of Pluviometer, and return.

Very poor night's sleep and felt tired from the start of the run. Clear, cool day, around 7 degrees. Still plenty of frost around when I got going.

Not long after crossing Pinnacle Hill and starting my descent to the Coxs River I caught a foot on a tree root and fell heavily, cutting my right leg in a couple of places and jarring right hip, elbow and ribs. The blood was flowing freely enough that I decided to go no further, so rang Mel on the mobile (with my other hand pressing down on the lacerations) and got picked up from Megalong Valley Rd.

Home for some solid doses of antiseptic and a resolution to try again tomorrow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home