Tuesday, June 06, 2006

Shoe Test.

TUESDAY 6/6/06, 7PM, 5.5K, WEEK TO DATE 47.5K, 8 HOURS SLEEP

Recovery run on my "short and hilly" route. Was a minute slower than Sunday on the outbound leg, but held the time even on the way back- felt good on the long downhill from the Mall particularly. 29.41- 5.24min/km. Solid fog, about 10 degrees.

I wore my new Nike Trail Frees tonight (yeah, yeah, I know it was a road run). Funnily enough, they seemed more suitable to road running than the regular Frees! They're a slightly chunkier shoe with, it seems, a somewhat raised or thicker heel, which made footstrike a little less jarring than regular Frees, although I still tended to switch to midfoot/forefoot strike occasionally- mainly on uphills. The rubber spikes on the forefoot didn't bother me. Should be a great shoe for grass running.

I like the shoe more than the normal Free, on first impression. And the heel mesh is reinforced so it doesn't tear, which was the bane of the original shoe.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home