Saturday, May 27, 2006

Now THAT'S a Training Run....

SATURDAY 27/5/06, 7.30AM, 49K, WEEK TO DATE 99K, 6 HOURS SLEEP, SHOES ASICS 1100s

Biggest run, distance wise, since September last year. Left my home at 7.30ish, ran down to Wentworth Falls, Tableland Rd, Queen Vic hospital, Kedumba Walls, Kedumba Farm, Solitary Pass, Medlow Gap, finishing at Packsaddlers where Mel picked me up after 49K and 6 hours of running, almost all on firetrails.

I'd done some of the run before in parts- I've run as far as Kedumba Farm several times, once (7 years ago) ran to Solitary Pass, and had been through Medlow Gap a couple of times. But a lot of it was new terrain for me, running through valleys with rock monoliths towering on all sides under a clear sky. Temp varied between 7 and 15 or so. Started off with a thermal longsleeve under a CR tritop, around 11am I removed the longsleeve and just had the tritop.

Felt consistently fairly good all the way through- had a few Up and Go meal drinks, a Powerbar, some sultanas and nuts. I carried a 3 litre bladder in my Camelbak and refilled at Cedar Creek, about 29K.

Highlights were seeing a pack of four dingoes in the Kedumba Valley, and the two MTBers who went past me around the back of Mt Solitary, and the girl recognised me from my reports on Coolrunning...

Very encouraging run, well pleased.

Having a few issues with Sportstracks at the moment, but I've sketched a rough outline of the course I ran at Gmaps Pedometer, although it's hard to trace the twists and turns there and thus the run is 4K shorter than the Garmin said it actually was. But covered a lot of real estate all the same, looping round the back of Mt Solitary and Narrowneck.

Legs feel fine tonight, a bit stiff. Not that tired either.

5 Comments:

Blogger Superflake said...

Glad your back Mister G. Excellent run on the comeback trail. The gmap has ripped you off over 3ks though. 45.8ks

12:06 pm  
Blogger Dave said...

Nice run!

Good to see you back out there doing those big hairy ..... type runs again :)

3:24 pm  
Blogger 2P said...

Nice work G.

8:51 pm  
Blogger Clairie said...

Yah at last the Glandular Fever seems to be well and truly just a memory.

Take it easy this week though, knowing you next weekend there is a 100Miler planned......

3:35 pm  
Blogger undercover brother said...

well done sean.
that is indeed a good training run!

9:53 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home