Tuesday, May 16, 2006

30/30s.

TUESDAY 16/5/06, 7.30AM, 12.5K, WEEK TO DATE 23K, 6 HOURS SLEEP

One of those mornings with cold fog hanging over everything. 13 degrees according to the weather station at Katoomba, but felt colder- I wore a longsleeve polypro shirt when running this morning and never felt hot- got cold at the end actually.

Got dropped off at Pitt Park and got in a 3.5K warmup including 6 x 100m strides. Felt pretty crappy and form wasn't good, so my planned 8 x 400m session was switched for another 30/30 session instead- 30 seconds sprint, 30 seconds jog, for 15 minutes.

Didn't feel like I got warmed up till I was 10 minutes into the intervals themselves, when my form started to improve noticeably and I was able to bash the last few reps and felt buggered at the end.

Walked round for a few minutes, then did another 6 x 100 strides (feeling better than the first lot), then a slow 5K run home.

Wore Nike Frees- tried barefoot but was too cold underfoot and my toes went numb.

Not a good session, felt too flat, but salvaged something from it.

2 Comments:

Blogger undercover brother said...

good to see you're back bloggin again big guy!

10:49 pm  
Blogger undercover brother said...

good to see you're back blogging again big guy!

10:50 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home