Monday, May 08, 2006

Sublime Point.

MONDAY 8/5/06, 8PM, 11.8K (63.21)

First run for a few days. Conditions were frosty... 3 degrees with a steady south westerly wind blowing- windchill was around minus 1. I wore CR cap, longsleeve cycling fleece top, tights, gloves and DS Trainers, and headed out for my usual route to Sublime Point and return via Megalong Rd.

After some pain in my fingertips from the cold in the first 10 minutes or so, I was fairly weather resistant after that. Moving quite well for the first 5K or so- got to the Mall crossing in 8.15ish, then the corner of Gladstone Rd in 13.20. Faded a bit after 5K and ran a couple of slow Ks after the turnaround. Got going at decent pace again after passing the Golf Course, and held this coming back along the hills on Megalong Rd, although the last 800m haul up the Govett St hill was pretty slow. Final time was 63 minutes- not great, not bad.

Good to be getting some frosty running weather. When it snows up here, I'm going to go running in it, take a photo of the action and send it to Fats.

2 Comments:

Blogger Tesso said...

3 degrees and windchill of -1. Bummer, I missed all the pleasant weather by just a day or so ;-)

2:03 am  
Blogger Stu Mac said...

And here I was thinking that 7 degrees and no wind was cold this morning.....

All the best


Stu

9:24 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home