Tuesday, February 07, 2006

Centennial Park: 2K, 1600, 1200.

TUESDAY 7/2/06, 6.30AM, 7K, 6 HOURS SLEEP, BAREFOOT

To Centennial Park again. The cough I'd had for the previous fortnight had taken a turn for the worse overnight and I was spluttering and blowing all morning. Today's session was 2K, 1600m, 1200m x 2, with 2 minute recoveries.

A quick warmup on the grass of Mackay Oval, then we spent the session chasing Fats. At SW's sessions I've fallen into a pattern of often duelling with a lady named Lowana, and so it proved today- on the second rep she sat on my shoulder and sprinted past with a few metres to go, I tried to do the same to her on the next one but just couldn't make it.

2K- 7.57
1600m- 6.17
1200m- 4.47

Opted out of the last rep- I was coughing badly and didn't see the need to bury myself given my health over the weekend. Felt like I was moving well on the first twp reps, the third was pretty hard work. Not bad pace- in the end all the reps were at sub 4 minute pace.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm worried about you, mate. Take a few months off or you'll end up with CFS or a heart virus or something incurable. It happened to a friend of mine. Medical science is not all that precise!!!

12:33 pm  
Blogger Don Juan said...

Hope you're feeling better by now.

I had trouble shaking off Lowana during 400s on Tuesday. She is good on the track.

9:04 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home