Monday, December 05, 2005

3K TT and a Big Hill Rep.

SATURDAY 3/12/05, 9.30AM, 9K, WEEK TO DATE 53.5K, 6 HOURS SLEEP

Down to the Bay for a 3K TT. Wearing the Frees, I ran clockwise to the zero CR marker outside Drummoyne Rower's as warmup, then set off for the 3K marker at the corner of Timbrell Drive and the Citywest Link. I had vague hopes of averaging 4min/km and doing 12 minutes flat, given I usually do this session in the 11.30s...

... and struggled to finish in 12.41, or 4.14min/km. Ran home as warm down. Pacing seemed consistent- I missed the 1K marker, but it would have been about 4.10, and the 2K was in 8.28.

At least it's done.

Saw Fats out there, coming the other way.

SUNDAY 4/12/05, 4PM, 16K, WEEKLY TOTAL 71.5K, 7 HOURS SLEEP

Felt pretty tired today after a gruelling drive the night before, where we had only gotten in at 2am.

We were originally going to Barrington Tops this weekend, but changed plans, so I ended up running from the Queen Victoria Hospital on Kings Tableland Rd, Wentworth Falls. From there the Kedumba Walls Firetrail curves into the Jamison Valley, dropping 650 vertical metres over 8K. When I was training for Leadville I sometimes did 3 round trips of this hill as a long run- 48K with close to 2000 metres of ascent and of descent, with no walking allowed! My goals were more modest today- I just did one rep to see where things were at, and to get soem belated long climbing in my legs.

I reached the bottom of the hill (Jamison Creek) in 40.43, and the return trip took 1.06.18, total time 1.47.01. On the return leg I reached the Kedumba turnoff in 30.55 and the top gate in 59.38.

My reps of this hill for Leadville usually took about 1.05 to 1.08, so 1.06 was all right (although only one rep compared to three). The fastest I ever did this hill was 1.01, a solo rep a couple of years ago.

L:egs feel all right today (Monday)- no pounding soreness from the downhill. I wore Skins on this run- that might be the reason....

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

G'day Sean,

Sounds like you're on your way back! The Big Hill is in the Blues is it not? Was this the road that you showed to Carol and me?

More running, less blogging!

cheers,

Phil

6:33 am  
Blogger Eagle said...

Good to see you are back posting and pleased to read what you have been doing recently. Also pleased to hear that the GF is well on the mend.

Would be happy to do some Wednesday Bay runs with you. Email me on rvj@ozemail.com.au with some details to see if we can do it. Not sure what pace you want but does a lap in 32 sound okay - as this fits in with my schedule at the moment.

12:07 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home