Thursday, January 26, 2006

Penrith Australia Day 10K.

THURSDAY 26/1/06, 7.30AM, 11K, WEEK TO DATE 30K, 5 HOURS SLEEP

To Penriff for the 10K round the Regatta Centre- well, two laps actually, for 9.8K. My first road race since the Striders 10K last September.

Very humid (20C, 99% humidity). Wore Nike Zoom Elites.

During my brief warmup with Colin my quads felt tired and sore- a legacy of solid runs the last tow days no doubt. Off low miles, my recovery powers are not what they have been. Also had a cough for the last few days, although today my legs were the problem, not my lungs.

I followed Colin through 1K in 4.09, the next two Ks split under 4.20, halfway in about 21.20ish, and then my legs really seized up and I slowed down a lot from 5-7.5K or so. Picked it up from there to the end but the damage was done- I finished in 43.35. Pretty poor, but off no race fitness and tired legs, not surprising.

Day off tomorrow then a big weekend, and a 42 at the Striders Lane Cove 10K the following weekend.

2 Comments:

Blogger Katie said...

Good on you! A 43 min 10km is not too shabby!

7:49 am  
Blogger Tesso said...

Hey G, I wouldn't call 43:35 poor - that's my PB! If you did 43:36, well, that would be pathetic :-)

Good to see ya this morn. Hopefully catch ya again real soon.

5:23 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home