Tuesday, January 24, 2006

Long Arms Squad- 4 x 1200s.

TUESDAY 24/1/06, 6.30AM, 7.5K, 4 HOURS SLEEP

Had an awful night's sleep. A persistent tickle in my throat meant I was waking up and coughing fairly regularly, but oddly enough I felt all right when the alarm went at 5.30. A windy, cool (21 C), overcast morning. Drove out to Centennial Park for a Sean Williams session at Mackay Oval. 2K of warmup and drills, then into the intervals.

Did 4 x 1200 with 90 second recoveries. Felt pretty good! Aerobic almost all the way.

4.36 (1K split 3.51)
4.36 (1K split 3.51)
4.37 (1K split 3.52)
4.31 (1K split 3.48)

Quite pleased with that little number....

... in the meantime Dr Tayar has pronounced my liver is still inflamed from the Glandular, so my health isn't quite there yet, took another blood sample, off the grog for another three months.... which is why I had such a shocker on Sunday, no doubt....

6 Comments:

Blogger Katie said...

Good to see you this morning! Great effort- especially with an inflammed liver!

12:46 pm  
Blogger Tesso said...

Wow, for someone who is still not 100% how do you run so fast??? Well done!

Thanks for the song request. Somehow or other I knew that if you replied it would be a Ramstein song :-) Its on its way to me as we speak.

1:04 pm  
Blogger Ewen said...

Nice set of 1200s Sean. I hope you enjoy running with Sean W. Good to have your blog back although I didn't read everything since December.

4:41 pm  
Blogger Gronk said...

Good to see your back and fighting fit g-man.

5:09 pm  
Blogger Superflake said...

Speed looks good Mister G for a bloke with Glandular Fever on the way out. Keep it up mate.

10:55 pm  
Blogger Stu Mac said...

Some great consistent splits there with the 4x12's. Well done

12:23 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home