Tuesday, January 31, 2006

7 x 600s with Long Arms...

TUESDAY 31/1/06, 6.30AM, 7K, 5 HOURS SLEEP

To Centennial Park for another session with Long Arms' squad. Today the menu was 7 x 600s with a couple of minutes recovery.

Cool, damp morning- it had rained overnight and there was still a hint of it around. I warmed up with 10 minutes circling Mackay Field, then we did SW's drils and strideouts, during which I could still feel the big wekend in my legs- muscles felt a bit heavy and working a little too hard. Then we swung into proceedings. Long Arms gives the slower runners (for some reason I'm in the fast group!) a 30 second headstart, so in the last 300 metres we're working our way past that group, which is a nice incentive to keep dragging along.

2.13
2.14
2.13
2.12
2.09
2.09
2.07

Worked pretty hard in the last few, but the residual fatigue in my legs didn't get any worse as the session went on, and thank god for that! 400m splits were around 88 at the start, working down to 84s and 85s.

Pleased with this one.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds like a great training session. I really need to do more of this to bring my 3km / 6km time down.

7:15 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home