Friday, June 02, 2006

North Katoomba Exploration.

FRIDAY 2/6/06, 3PM, 12K, WEEK TO DATE 25.5K, 7 HOURS SLEEP

No running in the last few days- very tender knees after the hills on Tuesday. Not sure why, knee trouble is not something I normally have.

This afternoon I headed out for an exploration of some firetrails around Katoomba dam. Headed out with the temperature 2.5 degrees, windchill minus 2, and drizzling with the odd hint of sleet (it was snowing at Blackheath, 10K up the road) and was rugged up in fleece top, waterproof jacket, gloves and beanie, which kept my upper half nicely warm, but the legs only had shorts and got a bit numb at times.

I buggered up my navigation a bit but finally got onto some of the firetrails above the dam, to find that most were signposted off, no public access. I jogged around the ones I could access for a while before returning home through Katoomba- 12K in the sedate time of 70 minutes.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home