Monday, June 12, 2006

Eat Met XC and Blackheath Bleakness...

SATURDAY 10/6/06, 2.30PM, 9K, WEEK TO DATE 81K, 7 HOURS SLEEP, SHOES: NIKE FREE TRAILS

Took the long drive to Sydney Park today for a chat with Sean Williams and ended up doing his East Met Cross Country Race, three hilly laps of grass and mud through the park. 'twas cloudy and a bit humid as I saw Superflake and Blue Dog slowly run away from me as I wheezed around in 34.31- first lap was 10.45ish, second lap was 21.40 odd, and the third lap would have been slower but for some horrible bugger in an SMH t shirt chasing me up and down all the bloody hills. Had nothing to give on the uphills. Wore the Nike Trail Frees and liked their performance- good grip and lightweight.

Nice to catch up with the Sydney crowd- Superflake, Vat, Blue Dog, Silver Fox, ex-Vespa, Brightshoes etc.

SUNDAY 11/6/06, 7AM, 15K, WEEKLY TOTAL 96K, 5 HOURS SLEEP, SHOES: ASICS 1100

A run from Blackheath with Yurtie, Poider and Roxii. Original run was meant to be 2 hours, out along Ridgewell Rd (aka Burramoko Fire Trail) to Baltzer Lookout, then return via Popes Glen and some nasty hills. Temp was about 3 degrees at the start and I was wearing rain jacket, polypro longsleeve (with singlet over it), beanie, gloves and shorts.

My sore throat etc from previous few days had graduated to a proper cold with associated congestion etc and I was feeling fairly unimpressed from the start of this run- hard work all the way. After turning around at the spectacular Baltzer Lookout the temperature started to drop and my fingers started to complain about this fact. I was feeling stuffed after just 40 minutes on gently rolling fire trail, and Poider was also feeling a bit off so from the turnaround we just ran back to Blackheath rather than add in the extra hills. Windchill was about minus 2 at the end.

Not a good run, that one. Hope it's just because of the cold I'm carrying.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home