Thursday, June 22, 2006

Intervals.

THURSDAY 22/6/06, 4PM, 16K, WEEK TO DATE 63.5K, 6 HOURS SLEEP, SHOES: ASICS 1100

SW had intervals for me today- 5K warmup, 5 x 100m strides, 3 x 4min (1min jog recovery), 2 x 3min (1 min recovery), 3 x 1min (30 seco recovery), 5K warmdown.

After rain most of the day, I headed out about 4pm on a cold, foggy afternoon and ran down to the track at Pitt Park. Felt much better than yesterday, although my calves were still tender and achilles also.

SW had advised me to take these intervals at around 10K pace, although I could bash the last couple of 1 minute intervals- the intention was to keep things aerobic. Pretty short recoveries.

Felt a bit tired in the legs as I ran the session, but just tried to run within myself and keep it consistent. Probably averaged around 970m for each of the 4min intervals (second one a bit shorter than the others), around 700m for the 3min reps, and about 250 for the 60 second reps. Didn't hammer myself.

Felt a bit creaky at first on the way back, but gradually eased into things and was moving reasonably well at the end.

1 Comments:

Blogger Superflake said...

Ah some speed work back on the blog. Looking good Mister G. Looked like more of a fartlek session than anything else.

10:13 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home