Wednesday, June 21, 2006

Creaky.

WEDNESDAY 21/6/06, 3PM, 9K, WEEK TO DATE 47.5K, 5 HOURS SLEEP, SHOES: ASICS 1100

9K in the program today.

I was down at UWS Campbelltown again today, so in the afternoon headed out for a rough lap of the grounds.

I was much rougher today than I was on Monday after the 60K- I was moving like the Tin Man from Wizard of Oz, without any oil. In particular, my calves were bunched up and felt ready to explode at any moment.

Ran most of the way round the perimeter of the campus on grass and some old trails, then returned via roughly the way I came, pretty hilly and rough underfoot, all on grass. About 52 minutes.

Never felt good. At least it's done.

I'm not very familar with the grounds of this campus, but if I lived nearby I reckon I could work out some great loops through the grounds, with plenty of elevation change and variety.

Got a massage tonight on my calves- full of trigger points that were seriously painful to work out.

Temp for the run was about 13 degrees with drizzle.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home