Tuesday, June 20, 2006

32K.

TUESDAY 20/6/06, 1.30PM, 32K, WEEK TO DATE 38.5K, 6 HOURS SLEEP, SHOES: ASICS 1100

Wretched night's sleep, tossing and turning till 4 or 5am when I finally nodded off for good.

At my request, SW has tweaked my schedule so that, in weeks where my longest run is not a race, I do my long run on Tuesdays- gives me time to do things on the weekend.

Off the back of the 60K on Sunday, the longest run this week was 32K, at easy pace.

I left home after lunch and headed down to Echo Point, then Cliff Drive to Narrowneck, where I ran along the firetrail to the bushfire spotter's tower, and returned home, skipping the minor deviation to Echo Point on the return leg (the tower is a bit over 16K from home). Final time 3.17. Not very fast, but that wasn't the point today.

About 12 degrees at the start with rain sometimes threatening, but never evantuating. 8 degrees when I finished. I started in a capilene t shirt with a longsleeve tied round my waist, which I donned after turning round. I carried a water bottle in each hand.

I was feeling pretty wretched for the first 40 minutes or so- not surprising given the 60K run was only two days ago. However the long, nasty uphill to Kure Hill on Narrowneck woke the legs up and after that I was moving well, even on the uphills to an extent.

Just before this hill I passed the side trail to Devil's Hole. Last Tuesday there had been a grey Kombi parked at that trailhead. This Tuesday it was there again, although gone when I came back.

Some great views from Narrowneck on either side- Jamison and Megalong Valleys. The view of Mt Solitary from side on is different. On the way back, with the sun setting over the Great Dividing Range, the spectacle to the west, the Megalong Valley, was magic stuff.

To my surprise, I never got hungry and never really slowed down- even splits to within a minute or two. Very happy with that- just a good aerobic cruisy run on a hilly trail.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home