Tuesday, June 27, 2006

24K.

TUESDAY 27/6/06, 4PM, 24K, WEEK TO DATE 36K, 4 HOURS SLEEP, SHOES: ASICS 1100

Sleep was all fucked up courtesy of the soccer, and felt tired all day.

SW had a 24K, 2 hour run for me today. After spending much of the day at UWS, I caught the train to Mel's work and dropped my bag there, set out just after 4pm. Not having planned this run too well, I ended up wandering round the streets of Ingleburn, Glenfield and finally, when it got dark and I didn't want to run on unlit footpath or next to main roads, ended up doing laps of an oval to make up the distance. Mel finished work and we went to dinner.

Was moving all right- 5min/km after a sluggish first K. Right achilles was quite sore and stiff- when the foot is flexed there is actually a creaking feeling. Seeing Martin Horne in the morning about it.

Boring run and I felt a bit guilty about Mel working back a bit so I could fit it in, but the workouts that really count are the ones you didn't want to do, yet did anyway. I wouldn't say I was smugly occupying the high moral ground, but maybe just a step or two up.

30 minutes tomorrow.

1 Comments:

Blogger Dave said...

I had the same creaking feeling in my achilles a few weeks ago. Martin fixed it up a treat with the accupuncture but then also used the traumeel injection which seems to have a massive effect!

9:46 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home