Friday, June 30, 2006

3K Rep.

THURSDAY 29/6/06, 4PM, 12K, WEEK TO DATE 54K, 7 HOURS SLEEP, SHOES: NIKE TRAIL FREE

SW had me down for a 3K rep and a 2K rep today with 5 minute recovery between.

On awakening today the achilles felt noticeably better than yesterday, but walking around this morning told me it was quite a distance from 100%. Put off the running to give the anti inflammatories more time to work and decided I'd play the interval session by ear.

Ran down to Pitt Park- 5K warmup. Achilles a bit creaky.

The 3K rep was weird. I cruised comfortably through the first K in 4.11, second in 8.22, finished in 12.33. Can't get more even than that. I finished with little distress- was aerobic the whole way- but when I tried to reach down for more speed on the last lap, it wasn't there. Not sure why.

Decided to pass on the 2K rep as I wanted to be right for my rather large training run on Saturday. Did a 4K warmdown on the track in 19.32. Another Martin Horne appointment tomorrow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home