Monday, November 07, 2005

Melbourne.

I was in Melbourne over the weekend...

SATURDAY 5/11/05, 11AM, 26K, WEEK TO DATE 49K, 4 HOURS SLEEP

Kevin Cassidy and Virtual lured me into a run over the Two Bays Trail from Dromana to Cape Schank. A real mixture, starting with the climb up Arthur's Seat, the back streets of Rosebud, bridle trails, open grasslands, then the last few km overlooking Bushranger's Bay. Excellent stuff. We took it very easy, lots of stops for photos. I felt okay, but found it hard to keep up with Virtual on some of the uphills and was starting to run out of petrol in the last few kms. Also picked up a wonderful sunburn on a warm, sunny day.

SUNDAY 6/11/05, 8AM, 7K, WEEKLY TOTAL 56K, 6 HOURS SLEEP

Ran from my hotel in Swanston Street south across the Yarra to the fabled Tan track. I'd been directed by a certain Victorian running legend to run the lap anti clockwise in order to fully enjoy the Anderson St hill. I found myself confronting wave after wave of runners heading clockwise, but my faith in my guide persisted right up until I started running down the famous hill... so I turned around and ran back up it just so I could say that I'd done it. Then I continued anti clockwise, finished my lap (channelling the memories of Cerutty, Landy etc) and headed back across the Yarra to my digs.

Felt tired, legs were stiff and telling me that I hadn't done too much running in recent weeks and therefore the Two Bays was a rude shock.

4 Comments:

Blogger 2P said...

Sounds like a great weekend, must put the 2 Bays on the to do list. I've also never done the Tan - I usually opt for a lap of the lake at Albert Pk when I'm in Melbourne.

12:39 pm  
Blogger Tesso said...

Saturday's run sounded lovely ... if you like that sort of thing (trails) ;-) Be nice to see a pic or two.

3:54 pm  
Blogger Brendan said...

Great to see you on Sunday. I've put some pics in the gallery on CR. Not sure about the keeping up with me comment.. You seemed to be travelling well along that sandy last bit. Love the UR mentality. Three blokes all running against medical advice. Testosterone is an evil chemical. Hopefully see you in a few weeks. Brendan. ps. hope you made yr dinner appointment on Saturday.

5:30 pm  
Blogger Brendan said...

edit: should read: Great to see you on Saturday

5:33 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home