Tuesday, October 18, 2005

Small Victory.

TUESDAY 18/10/05, 12.30PM, 11.5K (57.15, 4.59min/km), 5 HOURS SLEEP

Had a bad night- very tired, soaked the bed with sweat when asleep. I've changed my mindset a bit; when the fever occurs and I sweat like the devil, then I'm sweating out the disease; when I feel nauseous and can't finish a meal, then I'm digesting the disease. Trying to be positive.

Did my usual 11.5K lap of Lane Cove National Park at lunch. Didn't feel too bad- didn't fade on the uphills much- but the sweat was pouring off me as though it was 35 degrees, not the cloudy 19 degrees it actually was. Cruised around at a "not pushing, but not mucking around" pace and feeling pretty reasonable, until Porters Creek Bridge on the way back, when I noticed I had a chance of dipping under 5 min/km, and picked it up a bit over the final mile.

Getting back to breaking 5min/km on my usual training runs is a small victory. Hopefully a sign of progress in my recovery from the virus, but I'm happy just to take it as a psychological boost.

One thing I have noticed is that my powers of recovery are much diminished. On Sunday I had sore quads from my lap of the Bay on Saturday. Not good.

3 Comments:

Blogger 2P said...

Glad to hear it G. I have a saying that sometimes helps me through the tedious times "every run you do is one they can never take away from you" - I'd call it a great victory!

6:15 pm  
Blogger Carolyne said...

Take Care G-man, we need you in one piece! Glad to hear that things are moving forward.

7:35 pm  
Blogger Spud said...

Seen as you have all this spare time I've tagged you mate, see my Blog, don't ask...

11:02 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home