Sunday, September 25, 2005

Third Run Back.

SUNDAY 25/9/05, 5.30PM, 8K, WEEKLY TOTAL 22.5K, 9 HOURS SLEEP

I was meant to get a lift from Vat to the SMC 10K, but when I awoke I was in a fairly negative headspace and the idea of doing a 10K at Smithfield wasn't doing anything to improve my current lack of enthusiasm. So I contacted him, cancelled the lift, and went back to sleep. Had another sleep on the lounge at lunch.

Got out for a run at dusk, 20 odd minutes out and back, which took me partway around the Bay under a steel coloured sky threatening rain, a cool wind whipping up whitecaps on the water. Energy levels fluctuated, I felt okay, then bad, then picked it up again near the end.

Still no enthusiasm for competitive running. I couldn't give a damn at the moment if I never raced again, but I know this will eventually pass. Nothing personal, but I did get a bit irked at CR drinks the other night when people kept coming and congratulating me on the Glasshouse run, even when they knew I was crushingly short of expectations.

Thanks guys, I know you meant well, and I'll be back.

2 Comments:

Blogger Spud said...

Shame you didn't make it to the SMC, I had Joss Nalyor's run for you, awesome viewing. Catch you next time G.

7:41 am  
Blogger Horrie said...

I missed you out at SMC G Unit. I laboured around and couldn't crack 44. I really needed you out there to chase. I know you will be back soon. Take it easy big fella.

8:59 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home