Friday, September 02, 2005

Intervals, Horned One, etc.

Took Wednesday off. I want to be fresh with GH100 looming.

THURSDAY 1/9/05, 12.30PM, 8K, WEEK TO DATE 22.5K, 6 HOURS SLEEP

Was going to run reps with the boys at Timbrell Park in the morning but elected to sleep in instead. At lunch I ran up to Dunbar Field (2.7K in 12.46) for some 400s, which I hadn't done for a while, and it showed- I went through 3 reps in the mid 80s working very hard, so backed off and did a few easier laps instead, then ran back to the office in 12.56. I didn't want to smash myself two days before a Striders 10K, or jeapordise my recovery from 12FT.

Cruising speed is okay, top end cardio isn't so good. Should run a 41 at the North Head 10K.

Still got some pain in the groin and hamstring so went to the Horned One on Friday morning. Want to get these niggles sorted before GH100.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home