Wednesday, August 31, 2005

3K TT.

TUESDAY 30/8/05, 5.30PM, 8.5K, WEEK TO DATE 14.5K, 6 HOURS SLEEP

Ran from the office to Dunbar Field for a barefoot 3K time trial on the grass there. I felt a damn sight better running to the track than I did when running the 5K on the weekend, but heart rate and breathing were still noticeably elevated. Covered the 2.7K in 12.57.

Warm night, about 16 degrees, enough for me to do the TT shirtless. What happened to our winter?

400m splits for the 3K (7.5 laps of the track):
91
93
92
93
93
90
91
44 (last 500m)
= 11.32.

The run back was hard work- 13.25.

The 3K TT is not a run I normally do- the only other time it's mentioned in this blog was back in March, when I ran a 11.39- so not sure how good a sign it is, but I should run a 41 at the 10K this Saturday, although obviously still not quite fresh.

Hell of a lot better than my 5K Challenge effort last Saturday!

3 Comments:

Blogger Cirque said...

Glad to hear you're doing better than on the weekend Mr G. Hope you keep feeling better!

6:01 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Big Brother 6: Nomination and Veto #9
I groaned as today's episode started. With the lack of an episode on Saturday, I had managed to block from my mind the tragedy that had occurred in the last HoH competition: April is Head of Household.
This is a great blog with much good info.
My main interest is genealogy, and I have written a genealogy book which you can find along with many articles at my site. I believe it's the only genealogy book of its kind, dealing specifically with search for noble ancestors.

6:16 pm  
Blogger Stu Mac said...

A nice 3k TT Mister G, that 40 min 10k is still away from the grasp??? I know I am not close yet, but hoping to give the sub 90 a push this weekend, a confidence booster hopefully.

8:09 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home