Tuesday, August 23, 2005

Aborted Intervals.

TUESDAY 23/8/05, 5.30PM, 8K, WEEK TO DATE 19.5K, 5 HOURS SLEEP

Rough night's sleep. Felt a recurrence of my crook gut when I awoke, so put off running till the evening. I ran up to the track at Dunbar Field with the intention of doing 2 x 3K intervals, but as I ran up there under a cold, clear sky, I could feel (as yesterday) my heartrate and breathing were unduly high, although my legs felt fresh and I was moving well.

Arrived at the track and did 3 laps of the 400m track in 97, 96, 98 seconds then stopped. I was off sub 4 min/km pace and I was working way too hard- this sort of rep, I shouldn't really be pushing it till the last couple of the 7.5 laps. Did a further 3 laps slowly, then ran back to work.

My legs are fresh and recovered from Twelve Foot Track, but my endocrine system is still fatigued.

1 Comments:

Blogger Cirque said...

Hope you recover quickly Mr G

5:41 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home