Tuesday, September 27, 2005

Nike Free Test Part 2.

TUESDAY 27/9/05, 12.30PM, 6K, WEEK TO DATE 11K, 6 HOURS SLEEP

Took the Nike Frees out on my 6.1K Waterloo Park course at lunch. Strange day- very humid, but a cold wind was also blowing. Didn't know if it was more comfortable to run with singlet on or off.

Felt tired after halfway- turned around after 15.30 and finished in 31.30ish, so faded a bit. It's a slow recovery from the 100 miler.

My calves had to work hard in the Frees, and I was definitely running more upright, just couldn't quite get the foot strike right. When I consciously told myself to slow down a bit and think about form more it got a bit better, but it'll take quite a bit of work getting used to these shoes. Back to regular Asics tomorrow I think.

1 Comments:

Blogger Tesso said...

Slow recovery??? C'mon, its been not much more than two weeks! I reckon you're doing great to be out there again already doing what you're doing.

5:54 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home