Monday, October 24, 2005

Bush Running Weekend.

SATURDAY 22/10/05, 4PM, 9K, WEEK TO DATE 32K, 6 HOURS SLEEP

I was up in the Blue Mountains, so ran a loop of the Shaws Ridge trail. This is a sandy firetrail that drops to the bottom of a small rainforesty valley, rolls along with a few gentle undulations, then climbs to the top of the escarpment with a long gradual climb and comes back to the start with more undulations. It was a humid day with some drizzle and I felt a bit tired at the start, but got going after a few minutes and got around in 48 minutes or so. Felt good at the end.

SUNDAY 23/10/05, 4PM, 8K, WEEKLY TOTAL 40K, 6 HOURS SLEEP

Out and back along the sublime Lady Carrington's Drive in the Royal National Park- a gently rolling trail along the banks of the Hacking River in a rainforest setting, with a rock escarpment leaping upwards on the non-river side. Warm, dry day. Ran in my newly acquired Skins tights- I thought these would be hot but, surprisingly, they were quite comfortable.

Took about a kilometre to get going but was moving well once I warmed up.

Health wise not a bad weekend- had a bout of the bug on Sunday morning (achy, no appetite, sweating) but was okay after lunch.

1 Comments:

Blogger 2P said...

Sounds like my kind of weekend Mr G. I'm not familiar with Shaws Ridge I'll have to look it up. As for Lady Carrington I keep hearing so many good things about it I'll have to give it a whirl.

Glad the bug is behaving :-)

3:35 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home