Thursday, November 03, 2005

GF Update, Timbrell and the Bay.

THURSDAY 3/11/05, 5.45AM, 13K, WEEK TO DATE 23K, 5 HOURS SLEEP

Some good news from my last blood test- the quack has given me a green light to gradually start bumping training up again, in terms of distance and intensity. I'm not going to go overboard (and I still can't drink for another three months), I'll still have at least a couple of off days per week.

But I got up this morning with the idea of doing a lap of the Bay and a few 1K reps in Timbrell Park, the latter just to see where I am. I was running through Timbrell just before 6am when I encountered Queen Bee- doing 1K reps of her own- and Monty the hound, so I elected to bang out some with her, with a 200m, 2 minute recovery. I did the first 1K rep in 3.57, the second in 4.02, the third I was fading badly and stopped at 500m. Then ran a tired lap of the Bay (during which I passed my GP doing his own run- how cool is that?) and went home.

It's a long way from the low 3.40s I averaged a few months ago, but it's a start. High end cardio non existent and will need some work, although given I'm not entirely healthy it will have to be quite gradual work.

4 Comments:

Blogger Tesso said...

Yep, can't get much better than a running doc.

Great news about the blood test!

I think being able to do even a couple of sub 4 kms is pretty impressive any time, but especially so after what you've been through.

5:45 pm  
Blogger 2P said...

This is good news Mr G.

Running past your Doc - hmmmm be careful he may become jealous of your prowess and insist on certain invasive procedures.

10:31 pm  
Blogger Spud said...

Good news G, looking forward to seeing you at the races again mate.

Stay well!

8:16 am  
Blogger Don Juan said...

Very good news.
Pencil me in for a 6 foot track training run in the new year.

9:03 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home