Tuesday, November 08, 2005

Hills.

TUESDAY 8/11/05, 12.30PM, 6K, 8 HOURS SLEEP

Was going to get up this morning and do hill reps over at Lilyfield Rd, but the impressive storm that was blasting away at 5am sent me back under the sheets for another couple of hours.

So it was that I headed out at lunch to run half a dozen reps of "Speed bump hill" in Lane Cove National Park- from the speedbump to the GATES CLOSING sign. The last time I did reps here was in July, and this was what I ran then...

50
50
47
50
50
51
52
49

Today, it was sunny, 25 degrees and humid (having rained less than an hour before) and I was really affected by the humidity- felt ratshit less than 2K after starting. I've mentioned before that, since contracting glandular fever, I've had real trouble handling hot or humid conditions.

Anyway, I then banged out six reps of the hill...

52
54
53
53
51
53

And was buggered. Walked for a bit, then slowly jogged back to the office. I was still sweating half an hour later, having finished my shower...

2 Comments:

Blogger Clairie said...

oh Yeah go on G buy some new tyres!!! hee hee hee

Wow if you don't like the heat and humidity I would certainly be staying away from Brissy!

Stifling here at the moment but likely to change with a bit of rain. The heat is here to stay though until Feb.

Looking forward to seeing you :)

7:02 pm  
Blogger Stu Mac said...

G'day Sean, I haven't been reading blogs for the past 6 weeks or so. I hope you have started to feel better and the GF is not getting you down too much, I too have seen how long GF can affect you if you try and return to quickly & too hard.

A pity I didn't get to say hi on your short trip to Melb, I hope you enjoyed the Tan.

Regards

Stu

1:27 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home