Wednesday, November 09, 2005

Bad.

WEDNESDAY 9/11/05, 12.45PM, 6K, WEEK TO DATE 12K, 6 HOURS SLEEP

Hot day, about 32 degrees. Ran down into LCNP to meet the Herrmannator and hand over some stuff for his GNW 100 miler this weekend.

Within a mile of the start I was battling- no energy and the heat was really bothering me. I actually wanted to walk the downhill before the Porter's Creek Bridge! I battled on and met the Herrmannator at Scribbly Gum as arranged, had a few minutes chat, then turned around and headed back to work, much of which I walked.

After last week's encouragement, I found this run (walk) horribly frustrating, and I am a long way from beating this disease. I just want to be able to run as much as I can enjoy. And I can't. So unfair.

4 Comments:

Blogger 2P said...

Mate - I had GF about 12 years ago - you will have good days, you will have bad days. Enjoy the good ones, accept the bad ones and one day you will realise you are well again.

10:59 pm  
Blogger miners said...

geez mate - it's hard to read about how tough you're finding things with GF. I really hope it clears up well enough for you for next year's 6FT etc...

All the best for the recovery G

9:16 am  
Blogger Gronk said...

Sorry to see your still struggling G-Man. I had "mono" a few years back and found that it hangs around and around. Chin up mate.

2:07 pm  
Blogger Brendan said...

G, GF sucks. Take it easy and get well soon. Good Luck on your road to recovery. Brendan

1:18 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home