Friday, March 25, 2005

Ouch.

FRIDAY 25/3/05, 1.30PM- 8K (36.37), WEEK TO DATE 52.5K

Good Friday so slept right in after a dinner involving a few too many glasses of wine. When I got up I headed up to Dunbar as I wanted to extend my longest barefoot run beyond 5K.

When I hit the track it was about 18 C with a cool south easterly wind, alternating between dark clouds and bursts of sun. I ended up doing 8K in 36.37, so 4.35min/km without too mcuh effort. For the last 3K the surfaces of the soles of my feet were hurting, and when I stopped I found that both had several small cuts on them which had drawn a little blood. It's still somewhat painful to walk on them a couple of hours later, but they'll get better fairly quickly and my feet will toughen up as a result.

I'd like to work up to 10K barefoot and see how we go from there. Probably a bit of a mental drag to take it much beyond that, as long as I am running on the track.

My left calf has been a little twitchy since Monday. Once I warm up it seems to be fine, but there is a little noticeable soreness for the first couple of km.

I think the average pace of my running has gone up in recent weeks. It'd be interesting to track this.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home