Monday, March 21, 2005

SMC 10K. A BIt Better.

FRIDAY 18/3/05, 1PM- 6K, WEEK SO FAR- 34K

Easy recovery run in 33 minutes from the office to Scribbly and back.

SATURDAY 19/3/05, 8PM- 7K, WEEK SO FAR- 41K

After a heavy Friday night I death marched 7K in about 40 minutes after dinner on Saturday.

SUNDAY 20/3/05, 7.30AM- 11K (1K warmup and 10K race), WEEK SO FAR- 52K

Pleasantly cool weather- 16 C with a brisk south westerly breeze.

I ran the first mile or so with fellow Six Foot Trackers Blue Dog and Vat man, feeling awful- my legs, brain and stomach all seemed full of gunk. The three of us alternated between cracking jokes and wallowing in how bad we felt. Then the other two pulled away.

I hit halfway in 21.45 and looking on target for a shocker, but once I turned around I started feeling much better- my legs had some snap, my stomach stopped churning and my gait was noticeably smoother. I started working my way through the field and my splits for the last 3K were

3.49
4.04
3.52

for a 42.21 finish- course PB by 10 seconds. Not quite sure what happened there.

Had a shower and wandered back to the finish just in time to see the 30K winner come in. We hung around for about an hour chatting and clapping in the 30K finishers before hitting the road.

SUNDAY 20/3/05, 8PM- 12.5K, WEEKLY TOTAL- 64.5K

Was in Emu Plains for dinner, so when the idiot box went on I ducked out for a T shaped recovery run along the Nepean River. Felt awful for the first 8K or so then improved considerably. Cool, about 16 C, Average pace 5.18min/km.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home