Thursday, March 10, 2005

Wonky Sharpener for 6FT.

THURSDAY 10/3/05, 1PM- 7.5K

Slept in this morning so jogged up to Dunbar at lunch to see if I could replicate last week's flying 1K/500m x 3 session. Reasonably mild- 23 degrees with 65% humidity and a cool south easterly breeze- but I felt fairly wanky jogging up there.

1K- 3.45 (went through halfway at 3.35 pace and backed off)
500- 1.47
Got halfway through the next 1K in low 3.30s pace when I thought "I'm really smashing myself here and that's not smart 2 days before 6FT" and stopped. Gave it a few minutes rest, ran 400m in 78 (equal to my PB), jogged back to work. Still felt wanky.

Dunno what to make of that one. Stuffed it a bit by taking the 1Ks out too hard, I think. No idea what the implications are for 6FT.

Hopefully a solid sleep tonight, a few km tomorrow morning barefoot and I'll be set.

2 Comments:

Blogger Bennyr said...

Good luck for Saturday, Mr G. I hope your wonky/wanky session didn't knock you round too much.

10:12 am  
Blogger Clairie said...

Havea great run this weekend Mister G.

I think your session yesterday is indication of some great fitness and speed potential.

Make sure today is easy if you must run. Wish I was there to cheer you on but unfortunately some wanker CR guy said there are no groupies for the popular coolrunners.....so Tess and I cancelled our airfares.

Make sure you SMS as soon as you finish with what QLD won the race :)

11:41 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home