Tuesday, March 01, 2005

3K Tempo.

TUESDAY 1/3/05, 6AM- 13.5K

Felt crappy when I got up after 4 hours sleep- definitely would have gone back to sleep if I hadn't arranged to meet anyone. Wandered round to Action's to join him and Cam for a 3K time trial down at the Bay. 20 degrees, 84% humidity. After a lengthy warmup (still felt damned ordinary- 5.20min/km pace felt uncomfortable) we reached the 0K marker at the Rowers, then decided it was too congested to start from here so we kept going round to the 2K marker and commenced. By the time the tempo actually commenced I had run 9K!

Splits were as follows....

3.55
7.52
11.39

I'd thought, based on my 5K on Saturday, something in the range 11.30- 11.40 was what I was capable of, so I was correct there, but still too damned slow in the overall scheme of things.

1.5K warm down along the dog loop and up Lilyfield Rd back to Action's.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jeez, you guys don't hang around, do you? I turn up 30sec after 6am and you're gone already! Mind you, sounds like you would have left me for dead...

1:16 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home