Thursday, February 24, 2005

Like Old Times- Back to Timbrell.

THURSDAY 24/2/05, 6AM- 17K

After a lengthy warm up Action and I dropped into Timbrell Park for some reps with the boys. I did my old 5 x 1K session with 2 minutes walking recovery. Very sticky conditions- 20 degrees and 95% humidity. In fact, most of the park was shrouded in its own little fogbank.

My calves and soleus were still sore from yesterday's barefoot session, but the final result wasn't too bad....

3.50
3.50
3.49
3.49
3.49

which is one of the better outcomes I've ever produced for this session. (I think the best I ever managed was 3.48/3.46/3.45/3.49/3.50 or thereabouts, almost exactly 12 months ago.)

Followed by a warm down back along the dog loop.

Really easy short jog tomorrow then the 5K on Saturday. See if I can produce a respectable result there.

2 Comments:

Blogger Ewen said...

You're going well Sean! Definitely in the 19's on Saturday. Just a matter of consistency with these km rep sessions - over weeks and months.
I like the barefoot running. Once the calves are used to it you'll be fine. A good way to do 'fast' km reps when you're ready.
Would really like to see you doing more than zero kms since 17 January though! >>

12:37 pm  
Blogger Horrie said...

Great session Sean with very consistent pacing. You are still on track for a PB soon. Keep it going.

4:56 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home