Monday, February 21, 2005

Barefoot Recovery Run.

MONDAY 21/2/05, 6.15PM- 11K

Slept in and had the usual Monday lunch meetings, so after work I ran up to Dunbar and did 13 laps of one of the outer laps of the grass track, barefoot, then back to work.

Sunny and 23 degrees.

I felt a little rough running up there but once I had the shoes off and was circling the track my pace picked up appreciably without much effort, but considerable changes in style which were still semi evident when I put the shoes back on and jogged back to the office. The breakdown is interesting...

To the track, 2.7K @ 5.15min.km
On the track, 5.6K @ 4.26min/km (!)
Back to the office, 2.7K @ 5.00min/km

Bit strange that I can do 5.6K barefoot on grass at 4.26s without pushing, then yesterday 10K on the road @ 4.15s is a supreme effort. Silly bloody sport.

Enjoyed the feeling of running barefoot on grass though, and shall do so a lot more often.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home