Tuesday, February 08, 2005

Back to 30/30s.

TUESDAY 8/2/2005, 7.30AM- 8K
 
Some days I hate alarms, but I had an early meeting this morning so hitting the snooze button after 5 1/2 hours sleep wasn't an option. Came into work and jogged up to Dunbar Field. Calf muscles still felt a bit tender and for the first mile of the warmup my joints were jammed with rust, but once the blood got flowing I was clicking along okay.
 
Dunbar is a bit of a lowkey athletics track compared to, say, Rotary Field or St Luke's Park at Concord. Last week I was flogging myself doing 400s whilst couples were strolling hand in hand round the outer lanes, it was very surreal. This morning some cockatoos were munching on grass seeds and, when they wandered into my lane, seemed extremely reluctant to move, despite 85kg of sweaty hairy runner bearing down on them at speed. I also managed to have a free shower courtesy of the ground's watering system on my last few reps.
 
Anyway, form-wise I felt fairly good. Noticeably slower when doing reps that mainly involved running one of the curves than the reps that were mainly on a straight, but I suppose this is standard. Anyone got any suggestions as to how I can run the curves better...?
 
Jogged back to work after finishing. About 23 degrees.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home