Thursday, February 03, 2005

45/45s.

WEDNESDAY 2/2/05- 7K
 
No running- 7K of walking. Shocking night's sleep. Damned humid.
 
THURSDAY 12.30PM, 3/2/05- 8K
 
Nine hours sleep, yeeha! Might be connected to the fact that it was an unseasonably cold night (14 degrees at my place).
 
Because I slept in, I did my workout at lunch. I jogged up to Dunbar Field and, as a variation, did 15 minutes of 45 seconds sprinting, 45 seconds jogging- the same as the 30/30 workout really. Worked out to be 10 repeats. 
 
It was 20 degrees and 36% humidity with a cool north westerly wind blowing, so a REAL relief from the conditions of the last couple of weeks. Usually northwest winds are hot in Sydney in summer, but there's a low pressure cell in just the right location to change that this time.
 
Felt pretty reasonable. This is not as tough a session as the 8 x 400 workout, but you're still working hard enough.
 
Looking forward to a change of fortunes at the 10K this Saturday.

1 Comments:

Blogger Ewen said...

Yes, Mr G is becoming a VFR (Very Fast Runner). I only visit his blog for the weather forecasts ;) It's been wet and cool everywhere RunnaLittle - but don't we need the rain! Lee Troop is also a bloody nice guy. Very humble in an ABC interview I heard on the radio. A great effort at Athens. The marathon should be a winter olympic sport.

11:39 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home