Tuesday, January 25, 2005

Getting Over the Bug.

Missed Sunday's STaR- My head was pounding badly enough that I didn't get to sleep till after 5am, which was about the time I should have gotten up to run. Doing 30K off no sleep and in that sort of discomfort didn't seem smart.
 
MONDAY MORNING 24/1/05- 14.5K
 
Fortified by half a dozen Nurofen Plus (which reduced the pounding in my head to a dull moan) I ran from the office through LCNP to Bradfield Rd hill and back again, before work. Naturally I wasn't feeling very sharp so shuffled round averaging 5.31min/km. It was raining on and off (21 degrees and a remarkable 98% humidity) during the run.
 
Another "mental health session" I suppose.
 
I left work early later that day and got myself looked at by the quack, who diagnosed an ear infection as the cause of my headaches and put me on a few drugs, although it will take a couple of days to clear up.
 
TUESDAY MORNING, 25/1/05- 15.5K
 
Another half dozen Nurofen Plus and I fronted at Action's at 6am in the rain. 5K warm up (including 2K on the dog loop with Action and Skyrunner) then we did 5 minutes hard around the Bay (starting from the CR 3K marker), 90 seconds rest, another 5 minutes hard, then swung into 8 x 45 seconds hills, and 3K warm down. Tough session this one- I was covering about 20 metres less on the hills than I was last week when I didn't have the 2 x 5 minutes beforehand. In particular my calves were killing me.
 
20 degrees, 94% humidity.
 
Didn't feel particularly sharp, but when you're full of drugs, I suppose that's no surprise.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home