Sunday, January 09, 2005

Pymble STaR.

SATURDAY 8/1/05- 12K

No running (see previous post) but did do two 6km walks. Bugger it, I'm counting it towards my mileage tally for the week and I don't care what you lot say. It burns calories, works the legs and gets the heartrate up (a little bit).

SUNDAY 9/1/05- 16.5K

Very hilly course on a surprisingly cold day (16 C at 6am with a southerly wind). Went hard for the first 5K with the 6.20 group (almost all of it uphill!) and was feeling very under-the-weather. I did the short course 16K (was going to do this anyway) and ran with Tom Silk. We took it pretty easy, particularly on the last section on the Great North Walk- pretty slow going. Averaged 5.40min/km. Didn't feel too good.

Tomorrow will be more walking, then 30-second hills Tuesday.

TOTAL FOR THE WEEK- 69km. Probably a little less than it would have been- had a zero day Monday and cut Friday's session short. Given I'm in recovery (I suppose) and my focus is on the 10K, the fact that my miles are fairly low doesn't bother me too much, as long as I avoid putting weight on and the miles that I DO do are good quality. Normally I'd not say I was training seriously until I was over 120km/week, but that's with different priorities......

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home