Thursday, January 06, 2005

Filler.

THURSDAY LUNCHTIME, 6/1/05- 11.5K

Another shitty night's sleep (what's going on?) so I didn't run before work. At lunch I jogged the 750m from my office to the top gates of Lane Cove National Park, then ran the Striders 10K course in 48.57, so I suppose that's about 4.54min/km, then jogged back to the office. For future reference, my turnaround at the weir was 22.01 and I got off Scribbly Gum hill in the low 37s. About 27 degrees and clear and sunny with a light, cooling southerly breeze, although you couldn't feel the breeze along the river. You could feel the sun though.

I felt a little rough- perhaps a combination of lack of sleep, the last two days hard running, and lingering Coast-Kosci fatigue. My upper quads were a bit sore from the last two days hard running.

Interesting feature was the behaviour of the GPS- it dropped out about six times, I assume something to do with the thick tree canopy and the escarpment on one side. It was amusing to see my avg pace was faster after I'd gotten to the top of Scribbly Gum hill, than it was at the bottom. It only registered 9.8km as total distance, but I know the course is accurately measured.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home