Monday, December 27, 2004

5K Bay Run Challenge Take 2

MONDAY MORNING, 27/12/04- 17K

Being a public holiday, about 40 people fronted at the Bay Run for another 5K challenge.

We were all huddled under trees and whatever other shelter we could find as Huey turned his anger on us before the start, but once we got going the skies cleared. I had jogged to the start from my place (8km) and had seen the lightning cracking from some distance off.

Ray had a veritable harem around him- Gnscon, Spud, Russ, Superflake, a few others. First km was 3.48, then a 3.51, and Ray started urging us to ease off a bit. I was already doing so, but involuntarily- I was not feeling too hot at all and had no form whatsoever.

The last km was about 4.15 as quite a few people went past- Ross, Vat, Colin, Boof, etc and I crossed the line shoulder to shoulder with Ray in 19.59- a big thumbs up to him! That last km split indicates I'm still a bit fatigued from the big one two weeks ago. It was 12 seconds slower than last month's time.

We then warmed down by completing the lap of the Bay, chatting the whole way....

My right foot was somewhat painful the whole way, but nothing I couldn't put up with. Considering I haven't done speedwork in over three weeks and ran 236km in that period, a 19.59 is bloody pleasing. Painful though.....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home