Wednesday, December 22, 2004

The Fatigue We Had to Have.

WEDNESDAY MORNING, 22/12/04- 10.5K

Got up early and went directly to work so I could run from the office over the Striders Lane Cove 10K course. After discussing things with Action and Vat a bit more recently I think this is the way to go rather than run to work as the latter just does not simulate the running one does in a 10K or marathon. It means I get about an hour's less sleep but I'll manage.

Anyway I felt pretty poor from the start of the run. No form, and my usual marker of endocrinal fatigue- battling on uphills with unusually accelerated heart and breathing rate. Struggled to get around in a bit under an hour on what was a very humid morning- 19 C and 87% humidity at 8am. Thought I might see Spud or MPHaz on their midweek long runs, or Boof on his bike going to work, but missed them all.

This is anticipated. I've written several times on Coolrunning that I usually have a second wave of endocrinal fatigue hit me about 10-14 days after a big ultra and it lasts a few days- apparently this is not unuusal. I've noted it after my Bogong-Hotham finish in 2003 and after my last two Glasshoue runs. So I wasn't surprised at how badly I went and I know it will pass.

Essentially, my recovery from Coast-Kosci is going just as anticipated.

I made the mistake this morning of running in just a single pair of socks, and a couple of blisters on my right foot have opened up again. Tomorrow it'll be two layers of socks again and some strategic taping.....

With Wombatface's help I've added a table on the right side of this page where I'll record my weekly kms. For the first few months of next year I'll be focussing on the 10K so these numbers won't be impressive, but after that they should go up again....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home