Thursday, December 02, 2004

Almost a Stretcher Session.

THURSDAY MORNING 2/12/04

Well after the ridiculous heat of the last two days, today was cloudy, humid and about 18 degrees, with drizzle falling as we finished our session- the usual 8 x 400s at Rotary Field with Vat, and this time DJL as well.

After three laps warming up, the first rep felt smooth- I was gliding along only a couple of metres behind Vat feeling in very good form. Coming into the last straight I remembered that he normally runs 76 or so for his reps and perhaps I should ease off a bit in case I wanted to complete the session without blowing out, so I eased off and finished the rep in 78- having not broken 81 before. Vat commented that he could see me in his peripheral vision and he was wondering what I was doing there.

Subsequent reps were tougher and on the last three my form was dropping off noticeably. Coming round the back curve on the last rep my legs and arms were everywhere and I was thinking I was going to run something stupid like an 86, so I just put the head down and windmilled down the last straight, then had to lie down on the grass for a few minutes after finishing.

This is easily my toughest session of the week. Even fast hills aren't this bad.

My times-

78
81
80
81
80
82
82
82

Three laps warming down with the boys, then jogged to work in the drizzle.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home