Friday, November 19, 2004

New Shoes.

FRIDAY 19/11/04

Picked up new NB856s last night- a lighter trainer than the usual monster Asics 1090/NB1220/Brooks Beast I wear, but not quite a light trainer either. Walking round in them last night I was thinking "hmm..." but was a bit happier by the time I got home.

Had a morning breakfast with a client this morning so just had time to run from West Ryde (set the alarm to get up early for a longer run in, but after getting up at 4.15 yesterday, couldn't be arsed and went back to sleep). Speaking of that, I had an awful night's sleep, as it never dipped below about 26 degrees. Constantly rolling round and covered in sweat. Might be a good situation in bed if you're not alone, but....

Anyway, by the time I got going the temp was back up close to 30 degrees again and I was shuffling along for the first 15 minutes, still not convinced about these shoes. But once I hit the bike path I started moving well- noticed my heels coming through higher than usual in my recovery phase. Got in in 35 minutes. A bit busy at work so missed gym today.

This weekend I'll do the 30/30 early tomorrow then have the run legs of the Triple Tri Sunday in Canberra. Will give the 856s another go there.....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home