Thursday, November 11, 2004

Just Because It's Faster Doesn't Mean It's Easier.

WEDNESDAY NIGHT

DId 10350m on the rower with little apparent effort. Wtf?

THURSDAY MORNING

It was pretty chilly at the track this morning. Had only got four hours of sleep so wasn't enthused about being there, but after a warm up I did my best 400s yet-

84
84
83
81
83
83
83
83

From the third to sixth rep inclusive I could feel my stride really lengthening (helped on the fourth by having Vat start a few seconds behind me and literally breathing over my shoulder for the last 200m) but for the last two I was struggling to hold that good form and just ended up doing it ugly. Similar to Two Peaks last w/e where I was really striding out well for the first half marathon but over the last 5km my stride started to shorten and I lost rhythm.

Did a couple of laps warmdown then shuffled to work. Feeling pretty pleased at my progress.
Wonder how long the improvement can last- Vat seems to have plateaued at the moment and no performance curve can keep going up forever. Hopefully it'll keep going till Coast-Kosci.

1 Comments:

Blogger Spud said...

Hey Mister G, nice figures, what exactly were you up to this morning, you seemed to take forever to get going when you'd finished your session , adjusting your pack??

10:58 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home