Sunday, October 31, 2004

A Literary Flat Spot.

Haven't posted since the Striders Half a fortnight ago, but the flurry of posts on CR about blogs got me back into it again. Guilt- it's a strong motivator.

I went into the Striders Half- my second Half ever (45 marathons and ultras though!) and first in 5 1/2 years, with no goals exceptto beat Kev, which I managed to do over the last 250 metres with a time of 99 minutes.

The effort (off two weeks training) left me flat for a few days and I battled through hills two days later before cutting the session short. I've gradually come back- I've been rowing 10K consistently in the gym 4 or so days a week and my times slowed for a while, but by the end of last week I was back to my best. Last Tuesday I managed to do 16 hills in 1.28. When I was running my PBs i was doing the 16 in 1.24, so I'm still battling back into shape.

Had a fairly ordinary second half of last Sunday's Star but bounced back well today when Spud, Vat and I ran the full 6FT today- we got a bit competitive and pushed hard from Pluvi to the end- our time over the last 19km was identical with the time it took me to cover it when I ran my 6FT PB in 2002, and I seemed to be holding my own well with the boys. We finished in 6.05.

Still doing the 30/30 sessions on Saturdays and 400s on Thursday mornings with Vat despite the Godawful early hour we do these sessions at. In the last two weeks my tiomes for 8 x 400 have been

21/10

84
88
86
86
86
87
87
87

28/10

84
87
87
86
86
86
85
84

So overall I seem to be improving again after my flat period following the Half. Mr Jackson wants me to aim for 90 inutes at the Central Coast Half on December 5 but I'm wondering if I should do some tempo work- currently it's three days of intervals, the Star, and filler and gym work. Probably about 80-90km/week at the moment plus gym work, including about 40km of rowing/week.

Anyway this brings me up to date. I'll have to keep posting regularly- not a good show to start up a blog about a dream that is years off, and fall off the momentum of regular posting in the first few weeks! It's a funky training log if nothing else....

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Mister G, I was looking around for information about invoice and found your A Literary Flat Spot. post. It's not bang on what I was looking for but it was a good read so I'm glad I found it! I can see why it showed up when I searched on the term 'invoice'. Thanks a lot and I'll stop by again :-)

7:10 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home