Thursday, October 14, 2004

"This Had Better F'ing Work..."

Got up stupidly early for more 400s with Vat.

90
89
86
86
87
89
89
88

Plus 1200m warm up, 800m warm down, and 7km run to work after that. Nasty, nasty session. There was a superfit looking girl with impressive hamstrings and zero bodyfat who was also running 400s and she was crusing through them faster than us and looking no more tired than if she'd just walked down to the supermarket. By comparison, Vat and I were stuffed after every rep. But, as he rationalised, "has she broken 3 for the marathon? Or run 100 miles?" thus our smug male superior attitude was restored.

After only two weeks back at the speedwork, I can already detect changes in my form when running these sessions, as I mentioned to Vat this morning. Driving forward with the knees (a little bit...), driving off the ground (rather than my customary shuffle) and longer back kick. Given a little time this should start to infiltrate my "everyday" running form too.

Also saw Spud down at the track running 30/30s.

All this pain had better have some sort of payoff.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home