Wednesday, October 13, 2004

I've Been Remiss.

I shouldn't get guilty about missing a few days posting on here, I only started this blog so I could hassle Harris.

On FRIDAY 8/10/04 I ran 35 mins in the morning and hit the gym at lunch- rowed 30 minutes if I recall.

On SATURDAY 9/10/04 I did what Action calls a "Pat Carroll Special"- warmed up for 2km, then (on a grass 400m track) alternated 30 seconds of sprinting and 30 seconds jogging for 15 minutes. Apparently a great builder of speed. I noticed my style was very different to usual- even compared to when I'm running 400s. It got a bit soul searching around the 6th and 7th rep but was over quickly, and being short, it didn't trash me that much. Did about half an hour warm down and swam a kilometre slowly afterwards.

On SUNDAY 10/10/04 I ran the Mosman STaR- a hilly 31km in a touch under 3 hours. Felt okay on the flats and downs but still nowhere on the uphills. Good to be back running with the old crowd, although doing the long bush stuff solo in the hills does have its own magic.

On MONDAY 11/10/04 I ran 55 minutes to work.

On TUESDAY 12/10/04 I ran 3km warm up, then did 12 repeats of Lilyfield Rd hill with JD. Felt much better than last week- sluggish at the start, but then got better. My fastest reps were my 12th and 10th. Averaged 1.28. Then did another 3km.
At lunch I hit the gym- rowed 9km in 35 minutes, plus some other stuff.

TODAY I ran 53 minutes to work. It's a bloody hot day- was nudging 30 degrees at 9am as I was finishing, and it's about 37 now. At lunch I went to the gym and hit the 10K/40 minute marks on the rower- 10276m in 40.08. Good stuff. Followed it with some ab work, etc.

Watching the calories I eat is mentally bloody hard, bloody hard... but has to be done.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home