Thursday, October 07, 2004

Short, Sharp Shock.

Got up at bloody 4.15 to head up to Rotary Field at Chatwood to run 8 x 400 with Vat, with a 75% recovery. First interval session since early March. Bloody cold at the start- that track always is.

My times...

86
89
89
90
91
91
92
92

Damned slow, but they can only get better. It's obvious how the autumn/winter break from quality to focus on sheer volume has buggered up my speed. Still, as I said to Vat, "if I had actually finished both 100 milers (Leadville and Glasshouse) I'd be thinking of myself as pretty clever right now."

Anyway, bloody hard session, even on grass. We did 800m warm down, then I ran to work- about 7km.

Went to the gym at lunch and did 30 minutes on the rower- 7600m. Upper body noticeably more tired today than yesterday but still averaged under 4min/km. My body obviously hasn't adapted to the point where I can back up day after day with no problems, but it IS adapting...

Had a spasm in my left quad afterwards- bit like the old trouble. Stretching seemed to help. Might go for a swim tomorrow- that definitely helps this sort of thing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home